Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another Year Coming

We are looking at another year coming. People make New Year's Resolutions, but almost never keep them. It tends to be like promises that we make to other people, and then forget it like it was not something that was that important anyway. We can make a bunch of promises, but can we keep them? I want to make an effort to serve God to the best of my abilities this coming year. I have been trying to give of myself to the glory of God, and as we all know it tends to be difficult.

Another year has past,
Did our resolutions last?
Did we watch the ball drop?
Did all our plans flop?


Why did those things matter?
What happens when those things shatter?
We come to yet another year,
Will we still be here?


What have I done that would count for You?
Or what have I put You through?
You died to save a life so small and frail,
You did it to save me from a sinner's Hell.

Where do you stand on the coming year?
Do you look at it with uncertainty and fear?
Will the Lord lead you through?
Or will you tread into it not knowing what do?

So follow after God, and He will lead you through,
Forgetting what is behind, and looking to what is ahead of you,
With the leading of the Lord, we will have the strength to tread,
We will be able to make it on the road ahead.

I am thankful for what the Lord has done in my life this past year, and I am looking forward to what He will do this coming year. My family and I will grow in grace and will seek the Lord throughout this coming year. "Serve the Lord with gladness..."(Psalms 100:2)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to see a young father and husband truly wanting God's best for himself and others! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete