Thursday, January 6, 2011

Looking Back

Everyone looks back at what happened in the past year, and ponders many different things. Did I use the time that I was given? I know that people wish that they had more time, but unfortunately we have what we have; no more, no less. "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."(Ephesians 5:16) What could I have done differently? Life is based on many different choices, and if we make the wrong choices then we might look back in regret. How could I have served others? I think that we get caught up in our own problems, and we don't take the time to be a blessing. I can recount many times throughout the year that others have been a blessing to me, and I don't think that life would be worth living without the kindness of others. Do others have to do what they do for us? No, but Jesus did what He had to do in order to save us. "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."(Luke 19:10) We all have questions about what happened in 2010, but do we have all the answers? We may not have all the answers, but I know the One that does, and He has given His Word.

Last year is gone,
And here we are again,
What will happen,
When we come to the end?

We must choose by the Word,
And this we do through the Lord.

The year is new,
And what will you do?

Will you make it count?
Or will you be overwhelmed by the mount?
The tools are in our hands,
Will it take us to foreign lands?


Come into the year with hearts open wide,
Cast away all your cares and pride,
Take the hand of God and hold on tight,
He has given us strength and might,
Be covered by the blood and cleansed within,
So that Christ might be seen of men.


I want to look back and rejoice in all the ways that God has blessed me, but I want to share that same joy with others, so that when they look back on a year they can rejoice also. "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."(Hebrews 12:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment