Monday, April 30, 2012

Many Masters

"Choose ye this day whom you will serve..." There are so many people and things to be connected to in this world, but we need to choose who will be our master. In the New Testament, Jesus says that we cannot serve God and mammon. Mammon is the things of the flesh, that only bring glory to the things of the flesh. God is the one of great holiness, and He cannot have part in the things of mammon, because then He would not be God. That same principle applies to Jesus. Had He given into temptation the many times that it was placed before Him; then we would be lost and in our sins forever. Hell would be more populated, if either God or Jesus took part in sin. Jesus passed through the temptation, and when it was time was able to sacrifice Himself for us, and keep us from an eternal Hell.

The Master of my destiny,
Is not me.
He took on Him all my sin,
And now I am clean within.

He gave me His Word,
And I was saved when I heard.
Follow me and ye shall find,
The salvation for all mankind.

Spread the Word for there is a need,
And those who will hear will be saved indeed.
So open your heart and you shall find,
A Master, Good and Kind.

-Wade Jinright

No comments:

Post a Comment