Wednesday, January 2, 2013

An Ebenezer Raised


This is a poem in honor of my Grandmother Jinright that passed on Christmas Day of this year. She did well to bring up my father when he was young. He served The Lord with gladness as it says in psalms. He did it until he returned home to be with The Lord. I will this ebenezer remember until I go home to be with my Lord.

She left behind a great deal,
And You with Your Spirit fill.
She wanted You to be known,
And all Your glory shown.

She cared for others,
Her Christian sisters and brothers.
Your message in her was clear,
Speaking loud for everyone to hear.

The days of the past I remember,
A bright light from a glowing ember.
She taught me so much,
Of You and all that You touch.

I will remember her as she was,
And what her testimony left behind does.
For she did Your work well,
And did sin's darkness dispel.

She entered into Your gates with praise,
And will do so for the rest of her days.
She has been made new,
And she looks forward to spending eternity with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment