Monday, October 18, 2010

Simple Truths About the Savior

Let us start this post with a revelation, nobody is perfect. The only One who is perfect is Jesus, but as He was here during His earthly ministry, He experienced all the testing and trials that we have gone through at one time or another. Do not limit God, because He is limitless.

I am not rebuking those that proclaim the Gospel, but Christ said about prayer, "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.(Matthew 6:5) But thou, when thou prayest, enter into the closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret shall reward thee openly.(6:6) But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.(6:7) Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him."(6:8) Prayer is that personal communication with God. I think that many people say that they will pray for you nonchalantly, and forget to do so right after they have said it. Prayer for yourself and others holds the same weight.

Jesus looked at the multitudes and saw their needs, and He said, "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth laborers into His harvest."(Matthew 9:37b,38) We need to look out into this world and gather His harvest. Don't be the one to wait on others to do the harvesting. I am including myself in that call for laborers in the harvest.

I want to encourage those that have lost faith and hope in the Savior. He is willing to guide and direct you unto Himself through His Word and prayer, not through some 12 step program. The simple step is believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and that He spilled His blood that we might be saved. He above all, cares for those that have already been saved and those that are going to be saved. I have taken that step of believing in Christ as my Savior. Will you seek God and find Him?

I want those of us who question many things about our faith to know that their is hope in the Savior, not in the guise of fundamentalism. Fundamentalism never saved man, but Christ did and does. It is helpful in understanding the doctrines of the Bible, but it does not save man. It seems to turn man away from God, because it sends them wrong direction. God never turns away anyone. Let me say it again, GOD NEVER TURNS AWAY ANYONE. Christ says in Matthew 11:28-30, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." We are all lowly in heart, but can we see past the forest of fundamentalism, the light of the Son of God.

I saw a man today, his whole world across his back
A living monument opposed to my success
I tried to look into his eyes as his shuffled past my car
Sweat beading on his skin, his clothes and hair a mess
As the light turned green and I pulled away, he slowly disappeared
Just a memory of another chance I failed to show your love here

I wanna love because You love
I wanna give because You gave
I wanna reach my hand out to the lost
because I know Your hand can save
Only You can save
Only You can save

Sometimes I have to wonder if I really want to know
The struggle and the pain that others feel
Do I want to hear the stories I see echoed in their eyes
Or is this love I say that I’m reflecting even real
As the light turns on inside my head and I slowly disappear

I steel myself cuz what you call for me is to show your love here…

I wanna love because You love
I wanna give because You gave
I wanna reach my hand out to the lost
because I know Your hand can save
Only You can save
Only You can save

(Save) Let me be Your hands
(Only You can save) Let me be your eyes
(Only you can save) Help me understand
(Only you can save)

That I’m Your hands and feet hidden behind this frail human disguise

I wanna love because You love
I wanna give because You gave
I wanna reach my hand out to the lost
because I know Your hand will save
Cuz only You can save
Cuz only You can save
Cuz only You can save

(Only You Can Save- Chris Sligh)

In the words of Chris Sligh's song is the simple message of what Christ did for us so that we might be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment