Monday, November 29, 2010

Whose Reputation Are You Concerned About?

I was at my church's Sunday evening service and our pastor talked about the Faith of a Great Leader.
Hebrews 11:23-29
I. Decision of Refusal(v. 24)
II. Decision of Rejection(v. 25)
III. Decision of Reward(v. 26)
   A. He rejected a title.
   B. He rejected the pleasures of Egypt.
  C. He rejected the riches of Egypt.
IV. Decision of Resolve(vs. 27-29)
(My Notes on the Sermon- We can be offered all the things that the world has to offer, and come away from it all empty-handed. If we can refuse what the world has to offer; there is a much greater reward in Heaven. The question that I would ask here is eternal riches or temporary pleasures of the world? Rejection is hard to deal with for most of us, but what did Christ suffer for us? I have already asked the question about rewards, so what will you choose eternal or temporal? We all have a title in some form or another, but Moses chose his God over what Egypt could offer him. When Moses made these decisions; he knew what he had to do and God guided him on the journey that he had ahead of him.

I am resolved no longer to linger, Charmed by the world's delight;
Things that are higher, things that are nobler- These have allured my sight.
I will hasten to Him, Hasten so glad and free,
Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.
(I Am Resolved- Palmer Hartsough and James H. Fillmore)

Moses was the great leader that was talked about last night. He used a man with a speech impediment to speak for His people. If He could use someone like this; He can use me. God used many people in the Bible and He is still using people today. Live life like God's reputation is on the line. We do represent our God to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment