Monday, November 8, 2010

Don't Ignore the Calling

"Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it."(I Thessalonians 5:24)

The Lord does not call people and leave them to fend for themselves. He leads through His Holy Spirit. Prayer is a part of the calling, because without prayer we do not know where He is leading. The Word of God gives us the Scripture to guide us through some of difficult parts of our calling. "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."(Hebrews 13:5) I have seen many people ignore their calling, and be miserable because they ignored it. He has given my family a clear calling to another ministry, and I am willing to take up that calling and minister where He would have me minister. Their are things that deter us from our calling, and we need to let those things go.

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."(Hebrews 12:1)

I ran into someone that had a clear calling to the chaplaincy in the Army, and he encouraged me to go forward and not look back. When I go into basic training, I will be laying aside everything that so easily besets me, and running the race with patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment