Monday, May 28, 2012

Remember

Yesterday I saw a comic from a newspaper, that aptly describes most people on Memorial Day forgetting why we have celebrate this day. We celebrate it because of those that have stood against the enemy and have retained our freedom. We take for granted so often the freedoms we do have. I am thankful for the freedom to worship God. So much to be thankful for in the way of freedom.

I am glad that I am part of the military, and I am able to serve my country. If you have the opportunity to serve your country, do so.

Who stands for us when all seems lost,
Who gives their lives at any cost.
Our battles are not won because of might,
But by our willingness to fight.

Our will is not broken,
But affirmed in our pledge spoken.
Back them up with your support,
When the enemy begins their tort.

You may have someone that has served,
And because of them you have better than you deserved.
So remember this day,
And those that with their lives did pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment