Sunday, June 10, 2012

Who Is At the Forefront?

I have heard this song by Lecrae, "Background", and it reminds me that I need to step out of the spotlight and let Christ be the main event. I have been given a gift and I need to share it. I am not the one that saves people, but I can direct them to the One that died for my salvation. Are you the one in the spotlight, or is Christ speaking through you to others?
Lets us take a look at verse one of Lecrae's song, 'Background'.
 
It's evident You run the show, so let me back down.
You take the leading role, and I'll play the background. 
(A life given to Christ has changed the roles on the stage.) 

I know I miss my cues, know I forget my lines I'm sticking to Your script, 
And I'm reading all Your signs. 
(We are not perfect, and so we do make mistakes. God gave us His Word to live by, 
and that is the only way to live.)
I don't need my name in lights. 
I don't need a starring role. 
(The world has the wrong idea of popularity.)
And why gain the whole wide world, if I'm just gon' loose my soul. 
And my ways ain't purified, I'll live according to Your Word.
(Nothing compares to knowing that you have God's Word and His salvation.) 
 I can't endure this life without Your wisdom being heard. 
So word to every dancer for a pop star,  
Cause we all play the background, but mine's a Rock Star. Yeah.
(He deserves every word of praise, and He leads me everyday.)
So if you need me I'll be stage right. 
Prayin' the whole world will start embracing stage fright. 
(Christ, You are the Leader of my life.)
So let me fall back and stop giving my suggestions 
Cause when I follow my obsessions I end up confessing.  
That I'm not that impressive, matter of fact I'm who I are.  
A trail of star dust leading to the Superstar. 
(It makes you feel miniscule when you think about it. I am thankful
that God considered me to be used of Him.)
 http://www.metrolyrics.com/background-lyrics-lecrae.html#ixzz1xRgrQXwa
In the next of couple of days I will talk about the other verses of this song and what they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment