Monday, June 18, 2012

Who Is at the Forefront? (Cont'd)

We will continue to talk about who is at the forefront of your life.

I had a dream that I was captain of my soul.
(If we think that we are in control, we are sadly mistaken. I know 
that we want to have control of things in our life, but no matter
how hard we try, God controls everything.)
I was master of my fate, lost control, and then I sank.
(When we keep hold of the reins of our life, we steer ourselves 
in the wrong direction.)
So I don't want to take the lead Cause I'm prone to make mistakes. 
(A perfect God needs to have the leadership in our lives because
we are a sinful people and prone to make mistakes.)
All these folks that follow me gon' end up in the wrong place. 
(We need to follow after God, because He knows the only way
to get to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ, His Son.)
So, just let me shadow You, and just let me trace Your lines. 
Matter of fact just take my pen. Here, You create my rhymes.
(He has given us the words to speak, and we are responsible to
speak words of edification. We need to speak His words to
guide people to Him.) 
Cause if I do this by myself I'm scared that I'll succeed.  
And no longer trust in You, cause I only trust in me. 
And see, that's how you end up headed to destruction. 
Paving a road to nowhere. Pour your life out for nothing. 
You pulled my card, I'm bluffing You know what's in my hand. 
Me, I just roll to trust You, You cause the dice to land.
(Anything we have done is known by God. It is all under God's
control.)   

I'm in control of nothing. Follow You at any cost. 
Some call it sovereign will, all I know is You the boss.  
And man I'm so at ease. I'm so content. 
I play the background like it's an instrument.
http://www.metrolyrics.com/background-lyrics-lecrae.html#ixzz1xaw9mNCW
Let yourself be used of God, even though it may be the background part. He deserves to be at the forefront of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment