Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Life's Gain

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith."(Philippians 3:7-9)

All I gain, I count as loss,
In the light of my Savior's death on the cross.
Much more to gain, in Him I find,
Than to be in sin, and my eyes blind.


Give me but Christ and Him alone,
For He is the only One for who my sins can atone.
Let me the world forsake,
And the message of Christ to the world take.


Though the world turn their heart,
And I with His message to them impart.
Look not to the worldly wise,
Because in the end they will not rise.


Give me the blood of my Lord crucified,
For He is my Savior, though by some He be denied.
Though I bring few unto Heaven's shore,
I hope only to know You more.


-Wade Jinright

No comments:

Post a Comment