Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How Fear Should Be Approached

Fear is something that we all experience, even those that are hard-boiled and tough as steel. Fear is also something that we should have toward God, because if we do not reverence the Creator, how can we honor those that in authority over us? Here in the next few months, I will have to get into the mindset of ranks, and how they play a roll in the military hierarchy. Discipline will be required both at basic training and tech school. The degree of fear that I have is experiencing something new. The Lord has gotten me through many things already in the past few years, and it has taught me much about the three important things to the U.S. Navy and those are honor, courage, and commitment. Honor is a reverent fear. To honor God is to glory in His attributes. It takes courage to step out on faith when God is leading, because we are not naturally courageous enough to do so. Finally, commitment is something that many people lack, because they know nothing of what it is. Commitment is taking on something that has to be done for a certain period of time, but in the case of those of us who are saved it is a lifetime commitment.

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee. In God I will praise His Word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me."(Psalms 56:3,4)

Fear God and honor His name,
Put off sin and salvation claim.
For God knows the heart and everything in it,
Take this to mind this very minute.
For without God eternity is bleak,
If forgiveness in Him we do not seek.

Fear God and He will give you courage,
To overtake temptations sinful urge.
Courage to take on all Satan's might,
Courage to do what is right. 
There is strength in courage,
And when asked of God it will surge.

Fear God and commit your life to Him,
And through you may His love stem.
For the life you have committed,
By Christ your sins have been acquitted.
Commit your life to Him today,
And He will show you the way.


-Wade Jinright

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is my strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"(Psalms 27:1)


"Teach me Thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name."(Psalms 86:11)


"Ye that fear the Lord, trust in the Lord: He is their help and their shield."(Psalms 115:11)


"Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil."(Proverbs 3:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment