Friday, August 3, 2012

Why Does God Allow Suffering?

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness, Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) We ask why does God allow suffering, but do we know the answer to the question? I think that Paul very well understood what it meant to go through suffering of many kinds, but he was glad to do so for the sake of the cross. We have something to look forward to at the end of this life, at the end of all the immediate suffering. 

The key here is "for my strength is made perfect in weakness." God's strength is perfect, and all of our strength is but weakness. It helps us to see what God is capable in whatever situation we are going through. God has a plan in every situation.

Why do we hurt, why so much pain?
For this is the time to see what we gain.
Without the hurt, without the pain,
Then what do we gain?

For some people they know not why,
Why they hurt, and why they cry?
For God is over all,
And He is here when we call.

Take your pain to Christ, Who took your hurt,
He washed with His blood, the sinful dirt.
When you cannot bear the pain,
And you are feeling like you are drowning in the rain.

Take your burden to the Lord,
That He can pay for what we cannot afford.
He calls us to come like little sheep,
So that in eternity, He, can my soul keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment