Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sought and Surrendered

I have been seeking God through all of this, and I know that He is faithful to do what He says He will do. I cannot rush the hand of God, but I can follow in His footsteps. He has given me everything that I need to take on the challenges of life. My wife has reminded that God is in control, even when things are uncertain. Through all of this will come clarity. It may be foggy right now, but it will be removed when God sees fit to do so.

I have sought Your guidance day and night,
And through uncertainty follow Your guiding light.
Where I am going I know not,
But to the place that You have sought.


I have surrendered everything I own,
And I have laid it before Your throne.
If not all to You I give,
Then I cannot for You, daily live.


Now I have sought and surrendered,
So through distractions I might not be hindered.
You know the destination and where I must go,
That through all this, Your presence might show.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things be added unto you."(Matthew 6:33) In the verses before this verse, Jesus talks about the needs that we perceive that we have, and if we seek God first and through faith those needs will be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment